Heart Disease Community

Is 90 year old too old for pacemaker?

My father just turned 90 in September 2013. He is very healthy except for forgetting once in a while. He takes care of his third wife who has dementia and does all his own house cleaning, laundry and outside work. He says his heart rate runs in the 30's at times and feels very tired. He has a very good blood pressure of 120 over 70. Would he be a good candidate for a pacemaker to up his heart rate? Thank-you.

This discussion is related to Age 93 a good candidate for pace maker -Cardio Version?.
To your subject I say: no 90 is not too old to benefit from a pacemaker.

From the little you have told us it sounds like a pacemaker may be just what your father needs.  Discuss it with a Cardiologist, not with a Primary (Family) doctor.