Heart Disease Community

Unstable angina

Was taking in to hospital on 4th September 2006 with unstable angina and on the 7th September 2006 had a pci + stent x1 to cx. drug-eluting stent and loads of medication so why do I still get the chest pains I get it more when lifting at work and have trouble sleeping a night and does this mean i have to take all these med's for the rest of my life i was put back on clopidogrel 75mg tab 3 weeks ago because i had a small heart attack.

Medication I’m taking at moment for unstable angina    

Bisoprolol 10mg tab
Diltiazem hydrochloride 60mg 3 times a day
aspirin 75mg tab
lansoprazole 30mg cap
simvastatin 80mg tab  (at night)
clopidogrel 75mg tab
Isosorbide mononitrate modified  60mg cap 1 a day
Salbutamol ventolin evohaler CFC free
Glyceryl trinitrate spray  15 min rule –then 999                                                                                        
you should mabye take it easy and not lift things,ask your doc about the tablet nicorandil,angina is a sign the heart not getting what it needs
thanks for reply sorry late
Find a new cardiologist fast and have them check the size of the stent and do a neuclar stress test to see if blood is circulating like it should.  You should not be having heart attacks if they fixed your stent correctly!!!!