Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community

imiquimod question....please help if you have experience

I was recently diagnosed with gw and have been using imiquimod cream for exactly one month. I have a few questions so if you have been through this experience please help!

1. Is it normal for warts to spread when you begin treatment? Mine haven't spread drastically but it definitely seems that it is getting worse instead of better

2. How long does it take before you start seeing results?

3. How effective has this treatment been for you guys? Were there any bad side effects? Would you recommend this treatment for others?

Thanks for taking the time to read this post I'm still learning to cope with having this...I'm really struggling with it and it will really help to have some answers.
Aldara cream should be applied 3 times per week to external genital/perianal warts. Aldara (imiquimod) Cream treatment should continue until there is total clearance of the genital/perianal warts or for a maximum of 16 weeks. It should be left on the skin for 6 -10 hours, after which time the cream should be removed by washing the area with mild soap and water. It shows results frequently after 6-8 weeks of use.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.