MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

BP will not come down

I am a 46-year-old female who takes propranolol 10 mg twice a day for BP and HR.  For the past 3 days, my blood pressure has run around 150/101 and I have this awful headache where I feel like my head is going to explode.  I'm not stressed, nothing has changed diet-wise.  I haven't missed any of my medicine.  Should I call my doctor or is this normal and will work itself out?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Notify your doctor, since a side effect of any BP lowering med would/should not be a rise in BP.
Helpful - 1

You are reading content posted in the Hypertension Community