Kidney Stones Forum

Tea and watermelon juice

Hello, I have the habit of drinking tea and watermelon juice often and a friend of mine said that those put an extra pressure on my kidneys. Does this habit increases the risk of kidney stone?

Many thanks!
Not necessarily.  The production of kidney stones is an interaction of many factors.  It is true that black tea contains oxalate, a common substance in kidney stones, but if your oxalate is a little high and your 24 hour urine volume is high because you are drinking lots of fluids, you probably wont make stones.  If you have been doing this for years and have never had a stone, I wouldn't worry.  
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.