Menopause Community

What was your treatment for night sweats?

Night sweats are generally a symptom of an underlying problem that may require medical treatment. However, typically treatment is not directed at the night sweats themselves, but rather at the underlying cause. For examples, hormonal disorders, cancers, and infections are among the causes of night sweats in which treatment is directed at the underlying condition.Night sweats arising as a symptom of perimenopause may be treated with hormone therapy, if appropriate. Both estrogen therapy (ET) and combined estrogen and progestin therapy (hormone therapy or HT) have been used successfully to treat symptoms of perimenopause when these become severe or troubling.Night sweats arising as a side effect of medications may improve when the medication is discontinued or changed, if appropriate. Your health-care professional may be able to suggest an alternative form of therapy if you are experiencing severe side effects from taking a medication.
i feel severe bed is drenched clothes are drenched. im cold but cant take off covers cause it feels like someone is pouring ice water on me!
I have been getting night sweats for a while now, I fall to sleep in a perfect ambience, but i will wake up freezing cold in the middle of summer 40å¼c and its as though i have just stepped out of a shower, I cover up then i awake again wet through again but this time hot and it goes on like that all night every night..
I have been having night sweats for weeks now, just like everyone else. I drench the bed, and feel gross when I wake up. It is a problem. I told my doctor, and he put me on a medication for anxiety to see if it would help, but it's not working. I hate this.
I am 66 years old.  The past week or so, I have been waking up between 2 and 5 a.m. in a pool of sweat.  Early this morning I got up and changed my nightgown and underwear and went back to bed.  I never had night sweats when I was going through menopause. I would get the hot flashes in bed and cover up in bed, then toss off the covers, then cover up again, etc. all night long.  I never did sweat at night.  Here I am, 66 years old and now I experience night sweats. I can't help but wonder why this is happening now.
I have had night sweats for the past 3 years, now it is almost every day. A friend told me not to use flannel sheets, so I did that, no heater, and no pajamas or shorts on me just a sheet and blanket and still I have it. Another thing is that this only happens during the winter or cold month, I wake up soaked and wet, during the summer I'm fine.
I have been having night sweats and hot flashes for eight years. For four years I have been post-menopausal. I have discovered that it helps if I sleep in cotton pajamas (flannels) and sleep on top of the covers. I am mostly waking up when I am cold and need to have the covers put back on. Every once in a while I wake up at about 2 AM soaked and in a puddle. Last night sweat running down my face woke me up. I have a change at the end of the bed; I strip off one gown and put on another and usually can go back to sleep.
I was getting hot flushes up to 3 times an hour day and night, so I decided to add more soya products, flax seeds, to my diet. I found omega 3 fish oil capsules helped for general hip aches. Plus, I went on a diet and lost 20 pounds and generally cut down on salt and carbs. Now I'm down to hot sweats 3 to 4 times a day and a couple of times at night, they are less intense, more warm glows than hot sweats, and I feel so much healthier.