STDs / STIs Community
39k Members

Aldara (Imiquimod)

Recently (5/28) diagnosed with molluscum contagiosum and besides from cryotherapy for treatment i also received Aldara cream 5%. (the derm did not get every lump/wart with the liquid nitrogen)
Questions I have about this is;
How effective is it to be used?
Should I apply it with a finger or would a Q-Tip be better or should it be something else?
How exactly does it work? i think i heard it boosts the immune system in the area applied
Should I apply Aldara to places where cryotherapy has been done or just new/missed lumps/warts?
I think this question is best for your Dr at this point. He/She had diagnosed you and started you on treatment, we don't like to give conflicting info since you have see a Dr and started treatment.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.