STDs / STIs Community

Can I rule out stds?

So three weeks ago, I had allowed my boyfriend to finger me and he had used saliva as lubricant. He is a virgin and had never done anything sexual with anyone else except for me. Two days after I began to feel dryness and a slight burning on my vagina. The symptoms were rather mild and on and off. After three weeks I saw a doctor who asked me if I was sexually active. After explaining I've never had sex but I had let my boyfriend finger me, she immeditely ruled out stds. I informed her it was with saliva but she was already talking. She looked at me externally and just saw irritation and immediately diagnosed it as a yeast infection. She prescribed me an oral medication as well as a cream, however the cream has made my symptoms much worse in a matter of two days. Should I be considered this is an std instead?
You're both virgins the chances of an std through saliva in the vagina would be extremely low. I'm not even sure you can get an std that way but go to a gum clinic and get checked if your worried
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.