STDs / STIs Community

Genital Molloscum

Ok, I know this is about as dumb as can be, but I was out celebrating and I ended up having unprotected sex with this random girl. That was 4 months ago.  Now I have been battling genital molloscum since it first showed about two months ago. I have called my hospital for help and appointment and the nurse said that even if it was molloscum, which i am absolutely positive of, there is no treatment for molloscum because it is a virus and it should go away naturally. Is there any possible way to get rid of this faster. I have one on my shaft, which probably got there from the ones in my pubic hair area. They first showed in my pubic hair area. Any ideas??? plz help.  

Treatment I found from Googling it. So it can be treated. But make sure you get a diagnosis 1st.

Local excision may be done by electrocautery, evisceration, curettage, or cryotherapy. Adverse effects include pain, irritation, soreness, and mild scarring. Repeated treatments are necessary.
Imiquimod 5% (Aldara), an immune response modifier, stimulates production of interferon-alfa and other proinflammatory cytokines, inducing a tissue reaction known to be associated with viral clearance from the skin. Apply 3 times per week for up to 16 weeks or nightly for 4 weeks. Clearing can take up to 3 months.
Tretinoin (Retin-A) 0.1% cream can be applied to lesions twice daily. Adverse effects include drying, peeling, irritation, and soreness.
Podophyllum resin (podophyllin) is administered by a health care provider and washed off after 1-4 hours. This treatment is caustic and may cause significant irritation, is contraindicated in pregnancy, and has limited effectiveness.
Patient-administered podophyllotoxin (Podofilox) may be a safer alternative to podophyllum. Adverse effects include burning, pain, inflammation, erosion, and itching.
Trichloroacetic acid is administered by a health care provider. Controlling the depth of acid penetration is difficult. Adverse effects include pain and irritation; mild scarring is common.
Laser therapy may be used to remove lesions.
Cidofovir 1% to 3% topical cream, combined with a vehicle, is applied twice daily for 2 weeks, followed by a 30-day rest period and then 2 additional cycles. This treatment was effective in several small studies and case reports, but it is expensive and difficult to compound. No systemic adverse effects are noted.
Investigational treatments include 5-aminolevulinic acid with subsequent photodynamic therapy and intravenous cidofovir.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.