STDs / STIs Community

Strep-like throat + Urethritis + "pimples". Non responsive to AB and Valtrex.

9 days ago I had unprotected oral sex with a new partner. I have been otherwise mutually monogamous with a single partner for more than 12 months. 2 days post interaction I began experiencing burning (dysuria). By the third day I had developed a mid grade fever. Day 4 added a sore throat. By day 5, all symptoms were extreme and my throat was strep-like (but negative for strep). On day 5 I also got several pimples on my penis. Single individual pimples, like I have had before (but never so many at once), not painful, all came to a head and opened/oozed within 24 hours, (all are at various stages of minor oozing/crusting now). On day 6 I got what looks like a pin head sized ulcer right next to my urethral opening (not really painful but hasn't increased/decreased or changed in 3 days). I was started on Doxy on day 5 and had a full STD panel and PCR taken. All came back negative today. My new partner also had a PCR done and came back negative also. It is now day 9 and all symptoms seem non-responsive to the anti-biotics. I may be very slightly better (down to 100 fever instead of 102+), but seem to be naturally improving - seems very minimal improvement for anti-biotics to be the savior (plus all tests suggest no bacteria present). My doctor doesn't seem to have any idea what it is, I'm very concerned about HSV-2 or something else that could infect my previously mutually monogamous partner (who I intend to have future relations with). The only answer I could find that could explain all of these symptoms is that I have an Adenovirus causing the strep-like throat, the urethritis (red, painful, but no discharge), the pinhead sized ulcer and that I just haven't gotten any conjunctivitis. I'm hoping my pimples/sores are a coincedence or a result of it being hot/sweaty down there due to the fever for a prolonged period (something that concerned me today is that I noticed a new "pimple" coming up in a spot on my scrotum that would rest directly against one of my oozing pimples on my penis - wasn't sure if regular pimples or HSV-2 has the potential for spreading by touch like this?).
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.