STDs / STIs Community
39k Members

burning sensation in penis shaft

hi, i have the strangest thing happening  to me, i had unprotected sex with my girlfriend acouple of months  ago, 3 weeks after that i had a discharge from my penis. I wen to my urologyst, really worried it was an std, and he told me that my i had urethretis not caused by an std but by a yeast infection, so he prescribed me a one dose pill called afumix, pretty good. and it helped, a week after i had a little watery discharge from my penis, and a little bit of a burning sensation, then he send me to do a urethral swab test, it came back negative, so he cleared me from any stds and told me i may have been high anxiety . Couple of days after i sign up to a gym to do some working out, and after the excersize i felt this odd burning sensation in my penis,this happen to me once before i was diagnosed with urethritis that same month, underneath the frenulum area and it looked a bit red when i checked, i tried a some antifungal cream and it did the trick for a bit. Also  i have watery discharge when i am fully erect. i had my girl tested  and her test came back negative for std's she had some sort of a yeast infection and was prescribed ovules.  I am kind of worried about what i have, and i am really scared that it may be herpes, although  the std test came back negative , what may be the strange burning? there are no signs of any  blisters or whatever. please help... any ideas on what i have? is it normal after having intercourse with a person with a yeast infection, is it a fungus?? my doc told there where little signs of a fungus, but i should keep watching for any abnormalities... ty
COMMUNITY LEADER
I'm wondering if you and your gf are passing yeast.  Ask your doctor for treatment for it, and then you and your gf should avoid sex for 7 days.

Also, make sure you are keeping yourself clean and dry, and shower after working out.  Make sure your workout clothes are also clean and dry.

Aj
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.