STDs / STIs Community
39k Members

one white bump

About 5 month ago after some aggressive sex, I had a slight redness on the tender area under my head.  I also noticed a single white bump with some redness around it in the loose skin below.  The redness in the tender area went away on its own in a couple days but the white bump remained.  It tingles and the redness comes and goes.  I had a series of blood tests ran a month later and the only thing that turned up was Herpes type 1 which I had since I was 12.  (im 40 btw).  I had a prescription for Acyclavier so I started taking three a day for a couple weeks and no change was noted to the bump.  I have tried several creams and none have helped.  The bump does not stick up.  It does not scab and heal like herpes.  It has not changed in 5 months.  No other effects accept tingling.  What could this be.
Does not sound like any STD.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.