Sleep Disorders Community

sleeping while in car

For as long as I can remember I have always gotten extremely sleepy In the car.  I am 24, in decent health with no major health problems,  but I do have vertigo.  I can sleep all night for eight to ten hours then get up to four to work and fall asleep while driving.  I listen to rock music, have the window down,  do everything I can do to keep myself awake.  I have a young child,  so I need some help.  I expect to go to the doctor but I don't know what to talk about or ask.  
Causes of excessive sleepiness are sleep-wake cycle disorder like in night shifts, sleep apnea and other sleep-related breathing disorders, psychiatric disorders like depression and schizophrenia,diabetes,obesity,restless leg syndrome,use of drugs or alcohol and narcolepsy(Abnormal sleep disorder leading to excessive daytime drowsiness). In your case it can be due to sleep-wake cycle disorder.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Healing home remedies for common ailments
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?