Urology Community

Testicle pain

Hey,

I'm 25 and recently i have started to worry about my testicles.
I have over the past couple of days had a light pain in the left hand side testicle area.  Most of the time it feels like the area where my scrotum meets my groin but sometimes it has felt like abdominal pain too.
I have felt my testicles and can find nothing painful within them.  However on close inspection i can feel two small round parts within the veins etc at above my testicles within the sacks - one each side. Is this normal?
The only other thing is that i have noticed the testicle on the left retract a lot motor recently.  Granted it has always been higher up than my right hand one, but recently it is sitting a lot higher and i have had uncomfortable moments where i have had to almost push it out from within me.
Obviously im concerned.  What should i do?  See a gp or wait and see what happens?
I'm no doctor, but as there seems to be a shortage of them replying I'll throw out my 2 cents. The epididymis is described as 'firm' in most of what I read. And I can feel mine on both ends of the testicles. More so on the right which in my case is the one that hangs lower. Some people have cysts there or spermatocele too which will make them larger and/or firmer.

When I first noticed my right epididymis had a firmer/larger feel to it. I soaked in a hot bath of Epsom salts for 30 minutes and just let everything hang loose. At that point while it was still slightly bigger than the others, it was no longer firmer than the others and seemed to 'uncoil' some.

I would do that (hot bath) and lay off any sex, lifting/straining, etc for a few days and then have a doctor look at it if things haven't improved. Of course if it starts getting really painful or enlarging go to the doc immediately.
Testicular pain can be due to injury, infection (Epididymitis or Orchitis) or inflammation, testicular torsion( most common in young men), excessive bicycle riding, hernia,varicocele or kidney or ureteric stones.

As there is some swelling of the scrotal sacs, so the chances of epidiymitis or orchitis are there. In cases of hernia, a prominent bulge along with testicular pain is there and in cases of kidney or ureteric stones, pain during micturition may also be there. The final diagnosis can only be made after a thorough physical examination including examination of the abdomen, scrotum, testicles and rectum.

Lab investigations like complete blood examination, urine examination, ultrasound lower abdomen and sometimes a urethral swab will help in diagnosis. Treatment will be started thereafter.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. Treatment can be started only when the diagnosis is confirmed. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
hello, i have recently found thos two small bumps on my testicles...its like on the top side of them and it feels like its slightly connected to the testicle, but then again can move the bump a tiny distance away from the testicle...is this normal? is it the epididymis?
You need to talk to my doctor, cause he says I shouldn't be having pain from my varicocele and keeps throwing antibotics at me.
Also there has been no mention of having an abdomen ultrasound, although I have plenty of testicle ones done.