Depo-Vera and Pregnancy

What are risks of getting the Depo-Vera shot if you're pregnant? I'm not sure if I am because the Depo leaves my period kind of random but I usually get it when I need to get my new depo shot. I still haven't had my period and got the depo. I had unprotected sex right around the time I needed another shot. Very worried and wanted to know the risks of it.
Depo provera is a long form of birth control and chances of depo failure resulting in pregnancy are very less. If you are apprehensive regarding the status of your pregnancy you can get it checked. Most home pregnancy tests that check urine beta-HCG are sensitive to 20-25 mIU/ml of HCG. The test can be positive anywhere from about 2-3 days prior to a missed menses to 4-5 days after, but usually it should be done 7-10 days past your missed period.

Otherwise you can get a serum HCG also done which is more specific than urine pregnancy test.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.