Hard Lump Under Skin In Pubic Area

I have a hard, pea sized lump under the skin in my pubic area (less than 1/2 inch above clitoris and slightly to the left).  It's not visible at all and can only be felt by touch - I first noticed it about 1 1/2 months ago.  Went to my obgyn and she quickly told me it seems like an ingrown hair and I should put warm compresses on it.  She even said it looked like a white head was coming up.  Well, the compresses didn't work.  I never was able to see any kind of white head and to this day still don't after close inspection.  I honestly really don't think it's an ingrown hair, especially since I don't shave in that area.  The lump is still about the same size.  Also, I've experienced quite frequent itching in my pubic area for some time, even before the lump appeared.  Unfortunately I forgot to mention that to my doc.  So, now I am a little worried since when you search the net for these specific sympotms you either find very scary info on cancer or not much relevant info at all.  Has anyone out there experienced this or knows someone who has?  Most likely I will end up going back to the obgyn for a second opinion, but with one of the other docs.  Thanks in advance for any info you guys might be able to provide.
need an answer.
I was doing some research and found this...it's called a Lipoma. Not cancerous, but it sounds like what she's describing and what I think I have, too: http://www.fpmiofva.com/health-library/hw-view.php?DOCHWID=tm6295spec#tp21226
I am 23 yr old man with a basically identical problem.  This is the only post I have found that seems to be the same issue.  There is a smaller than pea size lump about 1 inch above and to the left of my penis in my pubic area.  I really dont think it is an ingrown hair as it has been there for a couple of months and has no head (also I do not trim or shave).  It is not visable, red, or raised above normal skin level.  It is only noticable to touch but I hate it and cant figure out what it is--which makes me hate it more.
If you find out what this is LET ME KNOW! I have the exact same issue. I have a lump under my skin probably a little bit bigger than a pea but not much.. It is in the crease of my leave between my inner thigh and my pubic area.. i feel like its a strange areA? It just popped up yesterday. i am freaking about it though.
i have the same problem, with another gazillion problems down there and just cant figure whats wrong....i've searched everything on the internet from general rashes to herpes and even cancer(God forbid). im so scared. i have an appointment on the 25th...if i get any new insight will let u knw
Did you ever find out what was going on? I've had vilval problems for 2 years (am 25) and the gynaecologist and dermatologist can't work out what's going on :/ then I noticed this round lump under the skin of the mons pubis; not visible and doesn't hurt. Did you ever get an answer?
Gee... I'm having the same exact problem! And I can't find any info! Except mine has gotten larger over the past couple of days and, like you all described, it's unseen and is only detected by touch and it's itchy. :( And I do shave. Pls, if any of you have figured it out... Post.
sophisticjewel, find anything out on your dr visit?
I'm 45 year old man, don't shave or trim.  Had same problem itching for about a month, then a pea sized lump halfway between navel and penis.