Heavy Breasts, Painful Nipples, NOT PMS

Hello!

I am a relatively healthy 25-year old female. I have no children.

Today it is the 15th day of my cycle. I've been experiencing heavy, bloated breasts with really painful mipples since day 13th. My cycle is usually 31 days (it may vary from 28 days to 35 days but usually it's 31 days) so I am not expecting  my period until early June (2-3 weeks from now).

My last period (which was a delayed one but since all my tests are normal, my OB attributed this to stress)was a bit lighter in "intensity" (mostly brown discharge and watery red) but lasted the usual number of days.

Actually, I had sore breasts before I got it and they remained tender throughout the period and of course, after the period. It's just that now they are quite painful and they feeI (and look) heavy and swollen.

I had a pap smear, a breast exam and a vaginal ultrasound 2 months ago and everything came back normal.

Note that my breasts are smooth, I can't feel any lumps or anything and the pain is bilateral.

What could it be? A hormonal imbalance? Ovulation? PMS? A breast abscess? Cancer?

I booked an OB appointment but it is on the 30th of May. I might as well be dead until then!

P.S I inserted a pic of my breasts right now. The size of the nipple is indeed scary :(
There are many causes of soreness of breasts,premenstrual syndrome and pregnancy being one of them.Other important causes are fibrocystic breast disease,ductal ectasia,mastitis(inflammation of breasts),galactoceles,benign and malignant pathologies of breasts,referred pain from liver or musculoskeletal system,arthritis of the ribs,costsochondritis and inflammation or sprain of pectoralis muscle.

I feel that an examination by a gynecologist will be the best.Till that time,apply some warm compresses on the breasts and take some over the counter pain reliever(analgesic) like ibuprofen or diclofenac.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.