IUD FISHY ROTTEN SMELL

In June I went to the ER due to an extremely heavy period to where I was through a super plus tampon and a pad in 30 minutes. I messed up my clothes, 2 sets of sheets, a chair and 3 sets of clothes between the hours of 11:30pm and 5:00am. And almost through a whole pack of 40 tampons in 2 1/2 days. I was in the hospital for 2 days and received 2 blood transplants, X-rays and a number of text were done. They said I could possibly have ITP Immune thrombocytopenia, also known as immune or idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, is a rare bleeding disorder characterized by a low amount of platelets in the blood. Gave me a prescription for a medicine that stopped the bleeding 3 days later (after bleeding heavy for 7) and prenatal vitamins. 2 weeks later I went to a OBGYN and got the Maraina  copper IUD inserted. I bled for 3 weeks after. Some days were light some were heavy, I never knew what to expect. Then I noticed the smell! Oh the smell! The horrible smell! A week later I had my one month check up for the IUD. I mentioned the smell and was told its common and it came from the constant presence of blood from the wire. "It's normal, it will go away." I had them do STI test again just in case. Results came back 4 days later I was clean. I work in healthcare and very close to people so I could NOT do my job confidently smelling like fish and garbage so I started wearing a panty liner EVERYDAY. It helped but the smell was still there. So I started wearing a tampon EVERY SINGLE SAY whether I was on my period or not. Then not wearing anything on the weekends. The smell was still there EVERYDAY!  One day I decided to not wear a tampon and just see how my body reacted. Went to work and the smell was so bad I know everyone smelled me including my patients. It was so embarrassing! And not only did I smell but I've developed this weird vaginal sweat thing. Sweat so bad I thought I wet my pants.
So here I am in month 5 and I'm really thinking about getting this thing removed! I'm celibate so at least I don't have to worry about anyone trying to be intimate with me, thank god! But I can't take it anymore!
Can anyone else relate?