Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members

Irregular Menstrual Period! (Please read)

Hello!

I'm super confused as to what's going on with my body, and I'm really looking for another opinion at this point. I plan to see a gyno but in the meantime I felt asking here wouldn't hurt.

I am a 18 year old girl, I am not on any birth control, and I am sexually active but I was not sexually active during this time (between January-February) :

For the past 2 months my period has been really off and I'm not sure what to think.. I started noticing this back in the beginning of January, I have always had a really heavy flow but my period started lasting a lot longer.(at most it had lasted up to 10 days)

This was in the beginning of January: At the time it started because I didn't think much because I was under a lot of stress being a College student as well I was going through my own personal crisis where I was not eating.

By the middle of January I had gotten walking pneumonia. My period during the time had finish and then started again 4-6 days later. I pushed it off again assuming it had to do with it being a hormonal imbalance or something like that.

at the end on January I got my period again. I was feeling recovered from the pneumonia and now started to get concerned with this pattern. I started writing my period down after that period ended February 3rd.

On February 10th I got my period again, and it did not end until the 20th. Now 6 days later My period had started AGAIN. I'm not sure what's going on but if anyone has any sort of idea please let me know..

Thanks!
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
The cause of irregular periods could be due to hormonal imbalance, stress, chronic illness, polycystic ovarian disease, thyroid gland disorders or diseases, pituitary gland tumors or cyst, galactorrhea, prolactinomas etc. You should consult a gynecologist and get examined and investigated as soon as possible to know the exact cause of all these episodes.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.