Left side pain

I have been having pains in my left armpit, it feels throbbing and as if its perspiring but it is not. As well as pain in my left breast on the side (by armpit) as well as the upper part of breast. My shoulder and left arm and backside sometimes hurts too. I was told I have anxiety but I never had it like this. I am a type 2 diabetic. I take metformin which I wonder about the side effects. I get these pains constantly. I've gone to the ER, they did EKG and X-rays said I was fine. I told my dr and she said my EKG, oxygen and various test say my hearts fine. She felt it may be hormonal but I'm not sure. Anyone else have the same issue? If so what is it or what should I have checked?
Such pain can have several causes like Costochondritis, Tietze’s syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Heart disease like Angina and Myocardial Infarction, Heartburn or Gastroesophageal reflux, and Anxiety.  You can take pain relievers like Ibuprofen or Diclofenac.  However, I would still suggest that you seek consult with a Doctor to exclude more serious causes of chest pain like Angina.  Your Doctor would examine you and request for several tests like blood tests, Chest x-ray, and Echocardiogram.  

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.