Provera and bad cramping?

Has anyone taken Provera, not depo-provera, and had bad cramping.  I have taken 4 days of it in a 10-day coarse and have had bad cramping since day 2.  Is this normal?  

My gyn prescribed it for uterine/endometrial thickening.  Have not had any bleeding as yet, he is hoping it will wait until at least day 7 or 8 before I start bleeding, but really wants me to go 10 days.  Should also let you know I had emdometrial biopsy 5 days ago and had terrible pain and cramping from that.  He SWORE it wouldn't hurt that bad!  Liar!

Since it is the weekend I can't talk to him to see if this is normal and am hoping someone on here has experience with this.

Thank you.