Smear results - inflamation

Hi I don't know if anyone will be able to help but I had a smear test 6 weeks ago and the Doctor rang me yesterday saying that the results showed inflamation and that I was to come back in 6 months time. He didn't seem one bit worried. The thing is, since I had my last period (approx 5 days after my period) I was bleeding (just light spotting sometimes brown in colour with no odour) which lasted 9 days. I have never bled between periods. Also 10 days before my smear I slept my new boyfriend for the first time and used no protection (stupid). I'm worried this could mean I have an STD as i know spotting can be a symptom of some STDs. I have no other symptoms only the spotting. I did fall down the stairs a day before the spotting appeared but surely that wouldn't mean I'd bleed for 9 days? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Why don't you call your dr and tell him your concerns, he might want to see you sooner so that he can run tests.