Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Forum

Questions in the Cardiovascular Disease Prevention forum are answered by Dr. Lee Kirksey, associate professor at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.
Hi, My question relates to blood pressure during sex. I'm 29 years old, and have some family history of hypertension, so I'm very mind...
Oct 2009 Got severe flu type illness, completely bedridden for 7 days. Did not wake to drink, eat, or go to bathroom. Prior to illness I...
Hi, I am a 42 y o male with no family or personal history of heart disease. My problem is that I experience chest pain/throat tight...
Hi, I am a 36 year old male - 1 risk factor (smoking). Cholesterol is excellent, no family history. 2 years ago I started getting ...
Dear Dr: I posted this once on the expert form but didn't pay so here it is again. This time I paid., I'm 52 yr. old female. I'm ...
I'm a 60-year old woman, non smoker, 5'2", 109 lbs; occasionally drink a glass of white wine; lifelong exerciser 3-4 days per week. My m...
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.