Aa
A
A
Close

Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Forum

Questions in the Cardiovascular Disease Prevention forum are answered by Dr. Lee Kirksey, associate professor at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.

1 - 20 (of 254) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hi, My question relates to blood pressure during sex. I'm 29 years old, and have some family history of hypertension, so I'm very mindful of my blood pressure. I check it regularly, and my resting BP is always around 115-125/75-85. ...
  Posted
Oct 2009 Got severe flu type illness, completely bedridden for 7 days. Did not wake to drink, eat, or go to bathroom. Prior to illness I was able to swim and run 2 miles every morning. Since being ill have extreme shortness of breath, ...
  Posted
Hi, I am a 42 y o male with no family or personal history of heart disease. My problem is that I experience chest pain/throat tightness (not burning) that is sometimes accompanied by belching after exercising (playing hockey or eve...
  Posted
Hi, I am a 36 year old male - 1 risk factor (smoking). Cholesterol is excellent, no family history. 2 years ago I started getting chest and back pains. Stress test came out positive with 1.5mm S-T depression, (onset @120BPM) - th...
  Posted
I just had an echo and this is the results Left ventricle is normal in size, thickness and function. There is a grade II diastolic dysfunction present. Valsalva manever unmasked a pseudonormalized fillin gpattern revealing a realxation a...
  Posted
1211508 tn?1343083205
38, in shape, non smoker, no drugs, no meds, few drinks (Sat night only). I take Multi Vs, 250mg Mg, Omega 3, & K rich foods. No caffeine. Worrier at times.Family history of high BP. Mine's generally 130/80 - 117/72. I eat a relative...
  Posted
I was rushed to the hospital due to heart palpataions and after my Echo, I was told that I have Thickening of the MItral Valve leaflets with mild regurgitation. My heart rate is at rest is always around 100 -120. I have been feeling di...
  Posted
I am a 33 yo white mail. About 15-20 pounds overweight. 9 months ago I experienced crushing chest pain with a little bit of sweating, and was pale. Went to ER. They got me on all the machines, BP was high. Everything else looked ok...
  Posted
Dear Dr: I posted this once on the expert form but didn't pay so here it is again. This time I paid., I'm 52 yr. old female. I'm at least 3 years into menopause and do not take hormones and am not overwieght. I just got the resu...
  Posted
Age 69, Wt 143,ht5'4", I went for routine cardio evaluation which I do due to poor family history, high cholesterol225-(now258without meds, HDL 90), &mvp. An echo stress with definity showed abnormal EKG with St-depression consistent wi...
  Posted
1211508 tn?1343083205
38, male, 5'7, 170, body fat ~14.5%, exercise regularly (tennis 3x/week, cardio at gym for 45-50 min at 80-85% HR Max (aerobic zone) 2-3x/week, weightlifting 2x/week. Exercising since 21. Non-smoker, no drugs or history of, no meds, drin...
  Posted
Dear Doctors, 28 year old male with no H.D. history, no family history (besides high chol.), good bp and good cholesterol, I don't smoke, good health, not obese 27 Dec 11 - wake up with severe nauseua and vomitting... severe dehydra...
  Posted
Hi. I am a 45 year old female with a strong family history of heart attack and stroke by the late 40s and early 50s. BMI 42, hbp 120/80 on Tenoretic, hdl 34 (since 2008), triglycerides between 200 and 275 (since 2006), total cholestero...
  Posted
I'm a 60-year old woman, non smoker, 5'2", 109 lbs; occasionally drink a glass of white wine; lifelong exerciser 3-4 days per week. My medications are Lotrel 5/20, Spironolactone 25 mg. (I was on HCTZ, however, it caused me to have a sk...
  Posted
1926971 tn?1426300649
I have 90% Right Coronary Artery Blockage, 50% Left Heart Artery Blockage. Left groin pain with 100% PAD/PVD and with healthy Collateral Arteries. Latest Cardiologist advised me that Grafting surgery is very problematic and overly expens...
  Posted
36yo female, not overweight,healthy,good colestherol etc... While watching telly and having A drink, and a smoke I have experienced out of nowhere palpitations. I have never had them before. Had EKG, Stress test,ultra sound and CT angi...
  Posted
I'm a 54 yo female, non-smoker, normal weight, exercise 1hr daily w/ no problems. I had a pre-op echocardiogram w/ the following results. I'm wondering what the significance is and whether I should be followed by a cardiologist. Tran...
  Posted
I am 46 yrs old, 230 lbs, athletic body, run 3 miles 3 times/wk. I am in decent shape. Last week I started to get discomfort in my chest. Not always in the same area sometimes on the lt side and sometimes on the rt. At times its breif...
  Posted
Hi there - I am having some anxiety over my BP and Cholesterol. I do have a history of suffering from health anxiety and was treated with Celexa for almost 2 years before coming off of it. I have been off it for around a year and have ...
  Posted
Three years ago,I suffered a great deal of abdominal pain.After the tests,ct scan included,I had an operation for arcuate ligament syndrome-this cured my problem.Now,2 months ago,another ct scan showed 50-60% focal narrowing of the hepat...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now