Aa
A
A
Close

Colitis Forum

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

1 - 20 (of 976) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hi, I have been suffering from right side pain for a year now, I have made numerous visits to the doctor and I am still no further forward of what the problem actually is.. I have had an ultra sound of my ovaries which was ok, also h...
Paceypops | Last answer
I am 63 yrs. old, and have diverticulitis, and am on my third day of Moxiflaxin, because I can't tolerate Cipro and Flagyl. Because I have severe chronic constipation, I take Miralax (PEG) daily. The emergency room doctor that dxed me (...
hudy | Last answer
hello, jan 27 2011 my husband went to er after suffering for a week with slight abdominal pain in the LLQ. they did a ct scan which revealed the following: "in the left colon in the region of the descending colon and junction with sigm...
274327 | Last answer
Thank you for reviewing this question. I am a 23 year old male with no history of colon cancer, or any other medical problems in my family. A month ago I passed a very large stool that was harder and required a small amount of strain. I ...
healthwatch123 | Last answer
my husband had c-diff colitis on and off for the past 3 months, he was given vancomycin for 14 days then after 2 weeks it flare up again. He was given metronidazole for 7 days, but after 2 weeks the diarrhea starts again, what is the tr...
liz255 | Last answer
I have a very high fever even though i have been taking antibiotics for 2 days plus panadol...the fever has been there for 4 days now..and from yesterday when i cough i get a very bad lower abdominal pain on my left side..body pain is se...
nilu33 | Last answer
82 yr old father came down with c-diff after a bout with bad bronchitis. Was given Imodium before diagnosis and then given Imodium four days during treatment. From everything I have read you should not give Imodium to someone with c-dif...
fran87 | Last answer
I started Asacol almost two weeks ago, and it worked very well after a couple of days, but after almost two weeks, I got very weak, dizzy spells, fatigue, like the flu. It's been five days, and most of the time I need to lay down. I coul...
momwife | Last answer
I had around 4 days of pain a month ago, very localised to the top of the ascending colon and for the 1st day it was quite painful. The pain has just returned today and I notice that I also have referred pain around the right side of T...
LinC01 | Last answer
I am a 42 male who constantly suffers from a discharge of yellow fluid from my rectum. iam not a hommosexualist. the I some times experience constipation and itiching rectum. the discharge looks like puse. at time some contant of blood ...
stoolman | Last answer
For the past few months, whenever i have a bowel movement (which is more often then usual), there is a significant amount of mucus within it. it is whitish yellowish. it seems as though it is easier for me to pass my BM's. I was wonderin...
long_legs | Last answer
hi there ive got uc for 3 years talking tabs for it but dont seem to wrk have u gt an sugguestions to help me cure my colits thanks
asif628 | Last answer
Hi I had colon surgery a little over 1 year ago. I had an abses on my colon from diverticulitus and had 14 inches removed.. I have recently had some pain in the same area as where is was the first time. I was wonder can it return after h...
sugabeebee13 | Last answer
I have been living with Crohns for 10 yearsnow and I have learned to trust my instincts when feel something is wrong. For the past 2 weeks I have been nausea. I had pain in my right lower side but I didn't think anything of it. Yesterda...
lnye4 | Last answer
Is there a limit of how many anal fistulas a person can have at a time.??? I currently have six. And what complications can arise due to these multiple fistulas??
gopo92 | Last answer
i have IBD since 10 years. now i am suffering from 6 anal fistulas. i have learned to cope with the. but my only concern is that can these lead to an anal or any other cancer????
gopo92 | Last answer
I am a 55 yr old female, no medications, with a history since 2003 of diverticulitis. I recently developed cramping and bloody mucousy stools. I underwent a colonoscopy 2 days ago, and was diagnosed with ischemic colitis. I was wonderin...
dkelewae | Last answer
I was diagnosed with colitis about 5 years ago. With it I have always had such severe nausea that it's crazy. Gagging to the point of where you can't speak, followed by vomitting clear liquid. this is an everyday occurence and very drain...
nahime | Last answer
I noticed pink bits in my stool last evening. I examined them, and they were hard. I am kind of worried. Is this undigested food? There was no "liquid" blood.. am I overracting?
cincyman78 | Last answer
Respected Sir. I am from India. I am 34 years old. HBV carrier. Incidentally by blood was diagnised and found screening test hbsag-positive. SGPT-20 Imeediately Doctor advised to check my hbcab and hbeag they were positive and negitive r...
chiranjeevi104 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank