Addiction Expert Forum
Eating plastic and other objects
About This Forum:

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Eating plastic and other objects

I am 20 yrs old and a father.
I eat plastic and rubber and paper. It is embarrassing when people as why half my remote is missing. I eat it everyday. My wife use to think it was funny now she is so use to it she does not react it anymore. I have been doing it since i was 8 yrs old or younger. Am i going to get some type of disease or die? I have pooped out plastic before because I ate so much.

Thanks,
Tony
1684282_tn?1350782543
You have condition called "pica". There are several reasons for developing it, some of them psychological, such as obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), and some of them physiological -stemming from lack of some minerals or other abnormalities in your labs. The latter can be easily checked in the doctor's office. OCD can be treated with medication. Eating plastic can be detrimental  for different reasons: i.e. digestive disorders, injection of toxins, etc.  I would advise you to see a doctor to solve this issue as soon as possible. Good luck to you.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
1684282_tn?1350782543
Julia M Aharonov, DOBlank
MDS Rapid Drug Detox
Southfield, MI
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now