Addiction Expert Forum
Is it Dangerous to quit OxyCodone Cold Turkey?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Is it Dangerous to quit OxyCodone Cold Turkey?

I have been using OxyCodone for about a yr now. I started out snorting a quarter a day. Now after a yr I'm still snorting them in quarters and halves sometimes but I'm doing it several times a day. Some days I have only 60mg but others I have as much as 120 mg. I quit cold turkey yesterday. Today I feel like am gonna die. Now I feel like this might have been a really aggressive way to stop. How can I make this easier before I just give up
2126606_tn?1346348724
You should do this with some kind of medical assistance. The danger levels is a combination of factors, you age , health heart rate and blood pressure through withdrawal and etc..If you feel that is too much for you , walk into an emergency room. That is the reason we do it in under 24/7 supervision at our hospital, so we can make this easier and safer.
Make sure you are properly hydrated and remember if you feel is beyond what your body can handle , emergency room should help you.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
1684282_tn?1410976195
Julia M Aharonov, DOBlank
MDS Rapid Drug Detox
Southfield, MI
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now