Addiction Expert Forum
Vision Adjustment-Opiate Addiction
About This Forum:

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Vision Adjustment-Opiate Addiction

I am clean 65 days now, but continue to have a lot of days (not usually two in a row) where my vision is blurry even with my glasses on.  I have a 3 to 4 yr old Rx but don't want to spend the money getting them checked if they will still do some adjusting.  Still have lots of insomnia......up at night till 3 am reading a book or on laptop, as well.

I was on a lot of hydrocodone's, 80 mg of anti-depressants, and gabapentin 300 mg/3x day.
I abused the AD and Gaba meds while w/drawing from opiates.  Like a fool, popped 20 mg AD's (same kind of AD but not the 80 mg prescribed dose) and a 300 mg Gaba every hr or two for days.
Obviously, my neurotransmitters are way messed up and need to heal.  I was in a bad accident in 2008 and damaged my retina and cornea in one eye, but was given prednisone drops and it seemed to heal fine.
I also have astigmatism in at least one eye.  Also, two disc/cage replacements in my back 14 mos ago.

How long should I allow for healing before getting new Rx?
2126606_tn?1346348724
  How fast the transition  process takes is based on each person’s metabolism. You have to consider if you are getting better day by day…If you are not , then is time to see a doctor , specially having medical issues with your eyes in the past. Regardless you have succeeded and that is a great thing. Congratulations.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
1684282_tn?1350782543
Julia M Aharonov, DOBlank
MDS Rapid Drug Detox
Southfield, MI
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now