Addiction Expert Forum
Vision Adjustment-Opiate Addiction

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Vision Adjustment-Opiate Addiction

I am clean 65 days now, but continue to have a lot of days (not usually two in a row) where my vision is blurry even with my glasses on.  I have a 3 to 4 yr old Rx but don't want to spend the money getting them checked if they will still do some adjusting.  Still have lots of insomnia......up at night till 3 am reading a book or on laptop, as well.

I was on a lot of hydrocodone's, 80 mg of anti-depressants, and gabapentin 300 mg/3x day.
I abused the AD and Gaba meds while w/drawing from opiates.  Like a fool, popped 20 mg AD's (same kind of AD but not the 80 mg prescribed dose) and a 300 mg Gaba every hr or two for days.
Obviously, my neurotransmitters are way messed up and need to heal.  I was in a bad accident in 2008 and damaged my retina and cornea in one eye, but was given prednisone drops and it seemed to heal fine.
I also have astigmatism in at least one eye.  Also, two disc/cage replacements in my back 14 mos ago.

How long should I allow for healing before getting new Rx?
  How fast the transition  process takes is based on each person’s metabolism. You have to consider if you are getting better day by day…If you are not , then is time to see a doctor , specially having medical issues with your eyes in the past. Regardless you have succeeded and that is a great thing. Congratulations.