Addiction Expert Forum
no energy

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

no energy
As posted earlier I am tappering off of vicodine, starting at 5 down by half a pill every four days .  I feel fine except I have no energy to do much but lay down.  Is this normal, is there anything I can do to help it and will the energy and motivation eventually return after the drug is out of my system for a whil?
Yes, this is completely normal, unfortunately.  All of that energy that vicodin gave you in the past... now it must all be paid back!  All of that euphoria.... is balanced by apathy and depression on the other side.

Different states have their own laws regarding the use of stimulants;  there is a relatively new ADD medication called 'Vyvanse' that is virtually impossible to abuse, and that provides a very smooth 14 hours of effect... the medication can greatly reduce, or eliminate, the fatigue associated with withdrawal.  The medication's active substance is amphetamine, a schedule-II controlled medication, but it is formulated as a 'pro-drug' that is fairly safe for very short-term use, providing it is not illegal to prescribe stimulants for such a purpose in your state.