Addiction Expert Forum
opiate withdrawal
About This Forum:

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

opiate withdrawal

My fiance has just come clean that he has relapsed and the same day he broke his wrist. Today I was expecting him to have withdrawal symptoms and he seems fine. He claims he has been dependant for almost a year using percocet daily. He has slept quite a bit today but I took him to the orthopedic surgeon and spent most of the day with him, yet he seems fine. He is in a lot of pain because of the break in his wrist but he hasn't taken any pain medicine (or at least that's what he has told me). Is it possible that he has had no symptoms of withdrawal because the pain from his wrist? I'm so confused and need some answers. Any information would be helpful. Thanks
2126606_tn?1346348724
The last thing you want to do is accuse him of something you are not sure of. With that said , after 1 year is rare to have no withdrawal symptoms at all. You have to keep your eye open for how he feels the next few days and what he takes for his wrist pain. I understand it’s a terrible position to be in when you have doubts and a gut feeling…But if you guys want a long term relationship , trust will be a must.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
1684282_tn?1350782543
Julia M Aharonov, DOBlank
MDS Rapid Drug Detox
Southfield, MI
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now