Addison's Disease Community
help

Addison’s disease, also known as Adrenal Insufficiency or Hypocortisolism, is an endocrine disease that occurs when the adrenal glands do not produce enough of the hormone cortisol and sometimes, aldosterone. Discuss topics including symptoms and treatments for Addison’s disease.

help

7411885?1321368236
Hi, I'm newly 30..so here's my story- i have terrible bouts of low blood sugar, even after i have had an appropriate sugar intake. i am also hypothyroid. blood pressure is normal high when taken at my doctors office, but when i stand up it drops. I feel very dizzy upon standing. also muscle weakness, and a few twitches here and there. Another thing, i have some brown spots on my legs, arms and hands..kinda like a tan spot, but a little bit scaly. my doctor ordered a test for arsenal problems..in the mean time, does this sound like acclaimed disease?
Addisons*** sorry i posted this from my phone.
Adrenal* not arsenal. o gosh, i should have proof read.
The drop in BP when you stand is called POTS - postural orthostatic tachycardic syndrome. Have they done a tilt table test?

Usually with adrenal issues - one has low BP all the time. It has to do with salt, not sugar - the adrenals regulate salt and potassium so it effects the heart and BP.

A tan can fit but not not sure about the tan spots? The picture was too blurry. I hope the doctor tested ACTH - more importantly I hope it was done correctly.

When do you get your test results back?
My doctor says that adrenal issues do cause hypoglycemia. I won't have the test until December second. I'm just scared i guess..what causes POTS? it is an acth test. blood is taken. then you're given some kind of medicine then levels are taken twice more.
POTS is autonomic - I am not sure the cause but since you have normal BP most the time, the cure is going to probably be behavior.

ACTH - sounds like you are getting a stim test? Rather odd to have this at the beginning usually one has this after baseline testing.
My doctor is pretty certain i have addisons. he said that the results from my thyroid tests suggest it, plus the tan areas, standing and getting dizzy..all that stuff. i don't know what the heck is wrong with me.
The stim test is the final test to show - usually one does other testing before that though.
Let us know how it goes!