Addison's Disease Community
lab results help, newbie

Addison’s disease, also known as Adrenal Insufficiency or Hypocortisolism, is an endocrine disease that occurs when the adrenal glands do not produce enough of the hormone cortisol and sometimes, aldosterone. Discuss topics including symptoms and treatments for Addison’s disease.

lab results help, newbie

I have been experiencing extreme fatigue and nausea to the point that I cannot eat and have lost 15.lbs in 2 Weeks. I waited  about a month before testing after taking prednisone for inflammation and it took away all of  symptoms and the result.was

1.9 serum(4-22)

I also got an interesting result in my progesterone of less  .1  
Lh 5.7 iu/l
Fh 5.9

my doc said come back in a month to re test even though these are  the only tests we have done!!

I can't wait a month, I'm going to turn myself in to the hospital I'm so miserable, does this sound like  Addisons or what do the results point to?
Oh, I forgot to put that the 1.9 is the am serum Cortisol result....
The prednisone was a hint if it took away all the symptoms. However, one cortisol test should not be diagnostic but that should get you into an endo if you have symptoms. Did the GP happen to run a CMP - do you have sodium and potassium levels? Those get wonky in Addison's - hence the nausea and low blood pressure.

There are a lot of other tests to run and unfortunately, pred is a great masker - it is an anti-inflammatory medication so feeling better on it is not a perfect test. Have you noticed any skin changes - are you more tan?
They did do a cmp.and I do have a tan, all of my newer scars are brown instead of white,

Sodium 142 (135-144)
potassium  4.2 (3.5-5.3)
Bun/creatine  27.1 (6-22)
Mean plasma glucose 108 H (65-100)
Hemoglobin a1c  5.2% H

I included the last three cause they were abnormal...don't know what they mean cause doc said my labs were normal until I picked up a copy of them and asked about the low progesterone and Cortisol and he said it was because of the prednisone I had taken the month prior
And we would r test in a month!

my Dr is an idiot and I want a new One, but I have limitations with my insurance, I had to beg him to take these tests in the first place and knew he was taking the wrong tests...but figured hey at least I'm getting a Cortisol level.and some other hormones because he refused before, but I explained my theory and he did finally. so before that test I hasn't eaten in a few days I don't know if that effects anything...and it seems my
Progesterone, lh, and fsh are low, while estrogen and testosterone are normal or high normal.
Responded on the other forum!