Adrenal/thyroid issues and EBV
Hello. I have been under a great deal of stress at work for the last 2.5 years, and was recently diagnosed as hypothyroid (TSH of 4.7) and adrenal insufficient (diurnal saliva test results were as follows: 7:00am, 7; 12:00pm, 6; 5:00pm, 2; 11:00pm, <1). I have been taking liothyronine for a month, and am set to begin taking synthetic cortisol later this week. Recent blood tests also showed that I had elevated antibodies for EBV (NA IgG, 5.9; VCA IgG, 5.5; both EA IgG and VCA IgM were negative). I showed similar results for cytomegalovirus (10.6) and Herpes 6 (6.87). My question is, do these viral results potentially have anything to do with my thyroid and adrenal issues, or with my body's ability to handle stress? In addition to the synthetic hirmones, my doctor has me on lugol's iodine, liposomal glutathione and monolaurin. Do you agree that this is a good treatment plan? (Other than what I've mentioned, my bloodwork is all good).
Usually the gold standard for diagnosis of adrenal disease is a stimulation test. So to start steroid based on a saliva test (a single days test) is usually not advised. Cortisol normally varies and so it should be several types of tests and testing over time.

I am not familiar with that treatment plan.