PREDNISONE
The  hospital gave me 60mg of Pred at one time to take. I was injected with benedryl due to a sudafed reaction.  Saturday anxiety kicked in and I went through so much emotional madness! I felt like I was on crack and Meth and all that bad stuff. I was up all night, feel asleep at 4am ...woke up at 12 today. I'm still feeling groggy and strange.

How long do I have to Go through this?  I have kids and I don't want them to see me like this. How can I get this out my system?
Help!
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
657231 tn?1453836403
Whew... Pred has a half life of roughly 36 hours. So it will take roughly a week before it is mostly out of your system and you had a whopper of a dose.

As an example, 5mg of pred is a replacement dose for those of us who have to use it to live so you got a wham blam thank you ma'am dose - and yes it will keep you wired for a while but that should only be a day or two depending on how sensitive you are to the pred.

I would stay away from the kids - the pred will compromise your immune system as well. Fluids, rest and time - plus if you crave salt (it may happen as your adrenals go wonky) go up on salt - that will help.

It is a shame they did not give you a tapering dose - 60mg just once eek!

Hope you get through it.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
musicfem joined this community
Welcome them!
Sep 27
Blank
tacolino is ... Comment