PREDNISONE
The  hospital gave me 60mg of Pred at one time to take. I was injected with benedryl due to a sudafed reaction.  Saturday anxiety kicked in and I went through so much emotional madness! I felt like I was on crack and Meth and all that bad stuff. I was up all night, feel asleep at 4am ...woke up at 12 today. I'm still feeling groggy and strange.

How long do I have to Go through this?  I have kids and I don't want them to see me like this. How can I get this out my system?
Help!
Whew... Pred has a half life of roughly 36 hours. So it will take roughly a week before it is mostly out of your system and you had a whopper of a dose.

As an example, 5mg of pred is a replacement dose for those of us who have to use it to live so you got a wham blam thank you ma'am dose - and yes it will keep you wired for a while but that should only be a day or two depending on how sensitive you are to the pred.

I would stay away from the kids - the pred will compromise your immune system as well. Fluids, rest and time - plus if you crave salt (it may happen as your adrenals go wonky) go up on salt - that will help.

It is a shame they did not give you a tapering dose - 60mg just once eek!

Hope you get through it.