Alcoholic, Living with an Community
Pregnant & LEAVING

This patient support community is for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit for discussions relating to abuse, behavioral issues, caring for yourself, counseling, divorce and separation, enabling, guilt, and when to get medical help.

Pregnant & LEAVING

I'm about to be 17 and I'm almost 9 months pregnant with my son! I live in a home with my mother, stepfather, and little brother.. my mom and stepdad drink every evening, stepdad smokes marijuana, mother sells pain pills.. & they act so concerned about not letting me leave..  I have a wonderful boyfriend I've been with for a year and he lives 3 hours away in a 3 bedroom home by his self. Everytime I go stay with him for a few weeks they blow my phone up saying how much they miss me but when I get back its like I was never gone and they go back to treating me like **** and smoking around me.. my boyfriend wants me to move away and live with him to get our child out of this horrible situation and I want to so bad. My question is how do I go about telling my parents and actually getting out of this home!! Please help!
Tell your parents that if they wanted you around they would have stopes using weed, stopped drinking, and treated you better. You have left multiple times and nothing has changed. You need to leave
I agree, don't let it concern you too much!! Tell them what you need to so they stop harassing you when you're not there, let them know that you understand their intentions but it's time for you to move on with the babies father.

You should also take the time to work on your education so that you can look after yourself and not have to rely on anyone for your bread and butter. I'm so glad that your boyfriend sounds so responsible but don't get too complacent, look after your education!!!!
My friend had the same problem. I told her the same thing I am telling you and it worked. Just go stay with him and slowly start moving things into his home. This is not about your parents anymore its about your son. He needs away from that as you clearly already know. Just tell your parents the truth and that you want a better life for your child. If you stay then you chance losing your son to social services.
You should move with your boyfriend, a relationship can completely change once u move in together, there will be problems. If your boyfriend is the nice and responsible type of guy, then he should know what to do like for example getting married with you and then u can move in with him. Agreat guy only takes care of big responsibilities like this ones. Once your married I'm pretty sure ur parents will realize that u are going to form a new family and let u go. On the other side if u just move with him without being married it will give you stress for the things ur bf will be doing to u like being an immature ,and maybe cheating. If he loves u and ur baby he will get marry with u, obviously as long as u want it that way.