Alcoholic, Living with an Community
dilemmas

This patient support community is for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit for discussions relating to abuse, behavioral issues, caring for yourself, counseling, divorce and separation, enabling, guilt, and when to get medical help.

dilemmas

Im 20 years old been in an abusive relationship on n off for 3years recently found out i was pregnant and the father is an alcoholic and can be abusive. Sadly i am stuck in the desicion of keeping the baby or not? He says he will support me but i cant really trust him. what shall i do or am i being silly and should bring this child into the world no matter what....
Only you can make a decision like that for yourself. Addicts will say things like they can support you, but because they are active in their addiction they can't make any real guarantees about tomorrow or the next day. It seems reasonable to doubt his support in the future. Does he want the baby? Do you think you can handle single motherhood? Is he willing to at least talk about things? I am sympathetic to your situation, I'm wishing you the best.
This is hard, not only are you essentially looking at becoming a single parent, the abuse that an alcoholic can dish out is far worse than being completely alone. No one is going to tell you to opt for an abortion, or adoption. Only you can make this decision and I am praying for you no matter what your decision. God Bless.