Alcoholic, Living with an Community
xanax and alcohol?

This patient support community is for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit for discussions relating to abuse, behavioral issues, caring for yourself, counseling, divorce and separation, enabling, guilt, and when to get medical help.

xanax and alcohol?

My husband drank 12 to 18 beers daily until March 30 2014...I slept on could h and he slept in our room because I told Him I wantedf A divorce. I woke up a ten am to find him nearly dead.. He had vomited in his sleep.. He took 40 xanax 1 mg and drank 18 beers... I never knew until I found him. He took these at midnight the night before... It was horrifying.. He spent 3 days on life support and 7 more days in hospital detoXing... It was awful for us... I have lived this mam 20 years band spent 15 years apart married yo someone else.. In 2012 after my divorce. I reunited with him and married him. We have a twenty year old together.. Well this incident effected me so bad we moved out of our home yo my dad's to get a fresh start. 3 weeks later my dad kicked us out because my husband fell off the wagon and drank 4 beers.. I have two boys from my previous marriage.. That landed us in a homeless shelter.. My so called dad called Dhs on me for being homeless when he made me homeless.. Tried to get my children taken away but I'm a good mom so it did not work.God's grace we got an apartment 17 days later and now my husband is gradually starting to drink again.. Isolating himself. This has been a rough road all due to  someone's alcoholism...I love this man dearly and will not divorce him. He's a good man and would never hit me like my ex husband did for 12 years.. I just need yo get my story out there.. Xanax is a dangerous drug and anyone who drinks often should stay away from them. They are deadly. I saw first hand what it can do.. My husband is lucky yo be alive. Please comment with positive feedback
I feel for you.  I have family members with addictions and it can be difficult at times to watch someone you love hurt themselves like this, not to mention what it does to you and if you have children it can make it worse.  

I know with my brother the only way I can keep him straight is for him to live with me which has put a strain on my family, having to baby sit a grown man all the time is not fun.  

He has to have a made up mind before he can be delivered.  He needs to go into a 6 month or longer program and if he's not willing to do that maybe you can get him to join AA.  The important thing is to let him know  that you will support him and be with him through the process but he has got to want to make the change.

Was he prescribe the Xanax? Either way you need to notify his doctor of his addiction and check with local community to see what help is available.  
Xanax and alcohol not good, from experience. I tried and after being tased having my stomach pump eight days on the psych ward, waiting for a bed in the coco nest seven days there...next step 22 months state prison for doing something I still don't fully recall and was so out of character it makes no sense. Point in my story, it obvious, if your husband continues doing these things you say and doesn't get help you will be bury him or lose him to the pen. When a person is taking this combination of drugs and alcohol they have a death.    
Sorry I meant death wish...
On the positive, your a seemingly strong lady. Beyond that you can not love some out of this he!!. I am sorry but get him into a program, one on one where he can be honest with some who will not dance around the issues. I have known people that have gone passed the point of no return, and it is heart breaking. Xanax should not be on the market. Even at 1mil they might seem harmless....