How Do I Detox From Alcohol At Home?
So im a 26 yr old guy and i have been drinking regularly for 6 years.. about a year ago i lost my job and my drinking got worse.. i would drink about 10 fl oz of vodka a night mixed with juices.. and recently i started to drink as soon as i woke up until i passed out but that only lasted for 2 weeks .. i tried to stop drinking cold turkey but i have Horrible dreams and night terrors, where it feels like I'm dying .. so i have cut down to just having one drink before i go to sleep to avoid the night terrors.. i want to slowly stop drinking and stop once the night terrors go away.. does anyone know if it can be deadly if i stop drinking all together.. i have read a few blogs and seen other people that drink a lot more than me.. the only side effects i have when i stop drinking is the night terrors.. anyone have any home remedies? or drugs that can help me out?.. i don't have the money to visit a doctor and would prefer to do it at home
Hi John, not being able to get to the doctor is a problem. And yes, if you are too toxic with alcohol it's very dangerous. You need to be checked out by a professional first hand to really get the right answer for your situation.

First If you have the power to gradually cut down as you continue to seek help that seems to be a positive move in your behalf just to begin with. Others on here will also have much better ideas I'm sure. But NY,NY! You have so many options to get free help in that city. I'm here in Detroit and have seen many ppl down and broke get the help they need to detox. Just off the top of my head, call the AA 24-hour hotline. I've been a member of AA since 1982. They have the NY answers for you, they'll know where to go. If you can post on here you can google the AA hotline number instantly. If AA can't help you (which I doubt) go to, or call the nearest Salvation Army office or center and tell the person at the desk your story a see what they say. They possibly have experts in NY on detoxing who can check you over, or even admit you into detox. They do that here in Motown. Finally, if you ever have to go to the ER at a hospital they won't send you away.

John, it's a wonderful blessing for you that you've just admitted this powerless over alcohol. This is the first step in getting your life back. You'll always remember this day. Congratulations on wanting your freedom. Keep this willingness and honesty that you now have and your dreams, and your life, will become normal again before you know it.