Autoimmune Disorders Expert Forum
hypothyroid symptoms
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Autoimmune Disorders forum. Questions in this forum are being answered by Dr. Garth Nicolson. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to Autoimmune Disorders. Topics include, but are not limited to: Alzheimer’s, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Gulf War Syndrome, Lupus, Lyme Disease, MS, Rheumatoid Arthritis

Please note, Dr. Nicolson is a part-time expert at MedHelp, so this forum will only be open to new questions during pre-arranged dates.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

hypothyroid symptoms

Many years ago I was diagnosed with Graves' disease with hyperthyroidism as a symptom.  My doctor treated with radioactive iodine.  I have been stable with my thyroid medication until the last few years.  In 2005 my TSH was .09 so my doctor reduced my dosage of synthroid.  In May 2010 I switched from synthroid to levothyroxine.  The past couple of months I have felt like I have hypothyroid symptoms.  The latest TSH assay was .49.  My doctor wants to decrease my dosage of levothyroxine.  I am concerned about the symptoms not matching the test results