Breast Cancer Expert Forum
3 weeks of Breast Tenderness and Not Pregnant

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

For the past three + weeks I have had major tender breast not just one but both.  My right is more sore than the left.  I can't wear a bra it hurts too bad I have to wear loose clothing.  I am 31 years old not pregnant my youngest child is 5 years. there are no lumps present.  I haven't been working out. and my nipples they hurt so bad it stings with the feel of air, and the touch of anything.  

I would just like to know what it is.  I have read through the forum about cycles of menstration, and child bearing however, my ovulation does not begin until March 6th and this has been going on for awaile.

Any suggestions.
Dear not-me:  Breast pain is not uncommon in young women, although it is usually somewhat cyclical, occuring in the weeks prior to the menstrual cycle.  If the pain is severe, as you indicate, you might benefit from seeing a medical breast specialist.  These are usually affiliated with large academic medical centers.