Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Birad o mamogram(mammogram)
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Birad o mamogram(mammogram)

Hi,
I'm a 47 yr old female who has yearly mamograms. I went for mine yesterday, and got called back today, She said the radiologist wants me to come back for more pictures and a ultrasound. She said there was al dense area that they are questioning. I asked if it was a large area she said no, but it looked abnormal. If I have to have a ultrasound does that mean they saw a cyst or tumor? She said they Birad was 0? I',m confused and a bit scared can you tell me what this all means? They also have me waiting a week for these test. I don't have a family history of breast cancer but I take premarin due to a hysterectomy for endomet. Thank you