Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Chemotherapy and/or Hormonal Therapy
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Chemotherapy and/or Hormonal Therapy

I am 59 and diagnosed with Infiltrating ductal carcinoma.  My family has no history of cancer.

On February 5, 2005, I had a Lumpectomy :  size:  1.8 x 1.2 x 1.0 cm;  Modified Bloom-Richardson's grade 2 (tubular 3, nuclear 2, mitotic 1).  Intermediate grade cribriform DCIS was present.  Margins narrowly negative (< 1mm from margin).

On February 28, 2005, I had a Partial mastectomy and SNB.  Three of 6 specimen showed residual ductal carcinoma in situ, cribriform and micropapillary patterns with margins narrowly negative within 0.1 cm of newly inked surgical margin.  The Sentinal lymph nodes No. 1 and 2 were negative for tumor.

On March 8, 2005, I had a Simple mastectomy done on my right breast.  Right breast was positive for infiltrating ductal carcinoma.  Size:  0.3 cm.  Extensive intraductal componant:  present and separate from the invasive carcinoma.  Margins were widely negative.  Ductal carcinoma in situ was found, cribriform pattern, multifocal approximate size 1.9cm.   Necrosis and fibroadenoma both identified.  Breast Panel:   Estrogen receptors: positive at 3+; Progesterone receptors: positive at 1+;   HER2/neu:  negative for overespression (1+);  Ki-67:  Low, less than 10%.  Modified Bloom-Richardson's grade = 1 (tubular1, nuclear 1, mitotic 1).

What should be my next course of treatment...chemotherapy, and/or hormone therapy?  When can it begin?