Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Lump in right breast
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Lump in right breast

I am 35 years old with no family history of breast cancer.  I noticed a raised area on my breast upon looking in the mirror about 6 moths ago.  Upon a self-breast exam I felt a hard lump on my right breast.  Since I don't have breast cancer in my family I have just been keeping my eye on it.  The lump is hard, and does not change in size with my menstral cycles and is painless.  3 weeks ago, I noticed yellow discharge from my nipple on my right breast.  I finally went into the doctor and a mammogram was ordered.  I did not hear mammogram results and the radiologist (MD) did an immediate US on me and said that she could see a solid mass in my right breast and that it needed to be biopsied.  She then did a core biopsy and now I am playing the waiting game.  My question is, is this just routine or is there something suspicious about these procedings.  I have not received any clarifying information and I am a little worried.