Breast Cancer Expert Forum
My left breast hurts

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

My left breast hurts

I am only 17, but i have been having these sharp pains in my left breast..not on top or towards the inside its like to the bottom left of my breast.I dont know what it is..it feels as if someones stabbing me in the breast.
Dear kylimox:  Breast pain is a common breast symptom.  The reason for breast pain is not clearly understood, and is not usually associated with breast cancer.  Breast pain is sometimes associated with hormonal variations and is then called cyclical breast pain.  Noncyclical breast pain does not seem to be linked to hormonal variations and is often localized to one area of the breast tissue.  Noncyclical breast pain may or may not be the result of an injury to the breast.   You may want to bring this problem to the attention of your doctor who could evaluate and perhaps advise you more specifically.