PASH Treatment
Hi I am 44 premenopausal and have been on the pill for 28yrs. I was having breat pain and was scheduled for my routime mammo and was told to have a U/S also because of the pain.  My mammo was neg but a solid mass was found by u/s.  I had a core needle by done that came back positive for PASH.  I was told by the radiologist to repeat the u/s in 6months. I have read that you should have surgical excision-should I ? Thank you
Dear pabarm:  PASH is a benign condition.  In most cases, it appears that a surgical excision is recommended to be certain that the entire lesion is PASH.  You may want to discuss this with a breast specialist.  These are generally affilliated with large academic medical centers.