Breast Cancer Expert Forum
PASH Treatment

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

PASH Treatment

Hi I am 44 premenopausal and have been on the pill for 28yrs. I was having breat pain and was scheduled for my routime mammo and was told to have a U/S also because of the pain.  My mammo was neg but a solid mass was found by u/s.  I had a core needle by done that came back positive for PASH.  I was told by the radiologist to repeat the u/s in 6months. I have read that you should have surgical excision-should I ? Thank you
Dear pabarm:  PASH is a benign condition.  In most cases, it appears that a surgical excision is recommended to be certain that the entire lesion is PASH.  You may want to discuss this with a breast specialist.  These are generally affilliated with large academic medical centers.