Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Stereotactic Breast Biopsy-Deep Purple Bruising- Normal?
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Stereotactic Breast Biopsy-Deep Purple Bruising- Normal?

I had my biopsy done on 6-18-07, three days ago. Still no word from doctor. Plus last night, I noticed more bruising, very large area, on opposite side of breast. Not the area that was biopsied. Is it normal to have a lump there and so much bruising? My whole breast is very tender to the touch. The color is dark purple. The doctor did warn me that I might have a lot of bruising, but I didn't expect this much. It is not too painful. Do biopsies generally take this long to get results back? Or is this a bad sign? Thanks for any input or advice from anyone.