Breast Cancer Expert Forum
breasts
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

breasts

i had lumpectomy to remove papilliomos 3 monthsago but recently my breast that i had surgery on is giving me pain aching and discharge clear last time the discharge was greeny yellow is it anything to worry about or is it normal as i am worried and got anciety about breast issues and going to my docter
Related Discussions
242527_tn?1292452740
Dear sexy987:  Since you have had recent surgery, you should bring this to the attention of your doctor.  Many women have some type of nipple discharge or fluid when their breasts are squeezed, and its normal. Squeezing the nipple sends message to the brain and the pituitary gland responds by increasing prolactin levels, which in turn produces discharge from the nipple.  The discharge can come in a variety of colors - gray, green and brown as well as white.  Some women are more prone to more discharge including women on; birth control pills, certain blood pressure medications or on major tranquilizers.  These medications increase prolactin levels in the body.   There is also certain life periods when a person is more likely to get discharge than others: there may be more discharge at puberty and at menopause than the years in-between. The time to worry about nipple discharge is when it’s spontaneous (comes out by itself without squeezing), keeps on happening, and is only on one side.  If it is clear and sticky, like an egg white, or bloody.  If this is happening, you should be checked by your doctor.  
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank