Breast Cancer Expert Forum
feels swollen and hurts

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

feels swollen and hurts
hi, i have a left breast pain below armpit but also on the breast,it feels swollen and hurts when i move my arm or raise my arm. should i worry?
Dear Ma ma, Breast pain is usually associated with a benign (non-cancerous) condition.  The immediate cause that comes to mind is some type of injury to the breast.  However, without an examination and reviewing a history of the symptoms it is hard to say.  A medical professional would take your medical history, evaluate the history of your breast pain, and perform a physical exam, to begin the process of determining what is wrong.