Aa
A
A
Close
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
nipple abnormality
Six weeks ago I noticed a white bump at the base of my nipple right where it meets the areola.  I watched it for a week, then went to my ob/gyn.  He said it was a blocked duct and to apply heat compresses.  I did, it got smaller.  I then scratched it, the bump fell off and an open sore was left.  The open sore produced a scab, the scab got smaller.  Now, I can see where the original bump was and the skin around that seems very dry and a little flaky.  I went back to the doctor and was told it was just dry skin.  There is no reddness or itching, no nipple discharge or palpable lump.  I just had a negative ultrasound and mammogram this past week (I am 31 with fibrocystic breasts and had a cyst).  I am just worrying about why it has taken 6 weeks for this to clear up.  I do see signs of improvement.  When I apply lotion, the dryness goes away.  I am just  concerned.  Does this sound like paget's disease?  or would the symptoms of paget's disease persist and worsen.  I feel like things look good for a few days, then it seems dry, after lotion it seems fine.  The area I am referring to is less than 2mm wide.  Thank you
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Dear 1217, Paget
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A