Breast Cancer Expert Forum
nipple itch

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

nipple itch
My right nipple has been itching on rare ocassions like once in 2 weeks or so. I also found that the skin has been peeling at the time . This happens only on the right nipple. The left nipple does not have any such problems. I read about Paget's disease of the nipple. I did not watch out for any oozing from my nipple. Is my nipple itch cause for concern and should I seek medical attention ? If yes, what tests should I go in for ?
If no, I am greatly relieved :)
Dear SS22, This could be just a skin irritation, especially since it comes and goes. However, if it continues have it checked out.  The first part of the evaluation would be further questioning about the problem and physical examination.